Monday, March 22, 2010

{review} Journal, Jumbo Journal, and Sketchbook from Ecojot

Recently I won a Journal, Jumbo Journal, and Sketchbook from a fantastic company called Ecojot. So I thought I would write up a little review for them, seeing as I've fallen in love with their products and special campaign.
 All three of these books are made from 100% post-consumer waste, which is part of why I love them so much! The two journals feature colorful and fun designs on their front covers, which are made out of 100% recycled board, offering a sturdy surface to write on when out and about. There are 80 lined pages in the 5"x7" Prairie Journal and 150 lined pages in the 6"x9" Canopy 'bou Jumbo Journal. I found their pages to be slightly thicker, which was a godsend for me because I love to write with sharpie/gel ink pens. The EcoStudio Sketchbook contains 75 acid free sheets of unlined paper. The sketchbook also features the same sturdy board for covers but the front cover is left blank, which I have already started doodling on! I am thoroughly enjoying my new journals and sketchbook, they hold an inspiration all of their own. And I can rest easy knowing that they were made using 100% recycled materials, and in Canada to boot!!!
Besides being ecologically conscious, Ecojot is also reaching out to the school aged generation of third world countries through their 'Buy one, We give one Campaign'. For every Ecojot journal, jumbo journal, and sketchbook purchased, Ecojot will donate a notebook in order to further arts and literacy in the developing nations. What a truly wonderful campaign!
Ecojot carries several great designs for our own school aged children, so if you're looking for a journal for summer camp this year, or are starting your back to school shopping early, have a look through their Where to Shop section and see if you can find a store near you (there is also a selection of online retailers).

sig

1 comments:

Xenia said...

Plus they're just darn cute! I love the colors and designs, especially the fun bear. There's something about a great journal or book that just gets the creativity really flowing!

About Me

My photo
Alberta, Canada
A lover of life, laughter, and new experiences.

Blog Archive